The Jersey Hospitality Association is the hospitality industry’s voice and is looking to appoint an inspirational, self-driven CEO.
With over 230 members covering more than 300 venues in the industry, we make an impact with our work. – As the Island embarks in a fresh direction under a new Government following the combined effects of COVID19 and Brexit, our voice is critical for the continued success of our industry.
Building on the foundations established during and following the COVID19 pandemic by the current and previous CEO’s, the ideal candidate will drive the Jersey Hospitality Association’s mission forward.
You will represent our members in promoting and enhancing the Tourism, Hospitality, Leisure & Travel industry by devising and delivering strategic public policy and communication campaigns.
You will have excellent communication and people skills, including understanding and interpreting the current socio-economic environment. A strong track record as an experienced senior leader is desirable as you establish relationships with our stakeholders, including Government, policymakers and the media.
It will be an advantage if you have worked in the Hospitality Industry.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead Jersey Hospitality Association into its next stage, making a real difference to the association and Jersey.
CEO Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Driving and managing the overall business performance of the Association, ensuring appropriate targets are set including monitoring their delivery.
- Overseeing the Associations business development plans.
- Preparing the annual business plan, in congruence with the overall strategy, that includes revenue and profit goals that supports the Associations growth plans.
- Ensuring consistent budget setting, including consistent methodology and inputs, and undertaking on-going monitoring.
- Taking overall responsibility for monitoring the delivery of the KPI’s (Cash, Debtors and Revenue) and ensuring appropriate remedial actions are taken promptly.
- To arrange and attend Executive Committee and Sub-Committee meetings and share information from these meetings with the wider team.
- Providing insights to the Executive Committee concerning the development of, and issues faced within, the industry/markets.
- Acting as a key liaison with Government and other key stakeholders and developing relationships within the wider business network.
- Supporting and representing the Association at local and global conferences and functions (where appropriate).
- Ensuring a structured client listening programme is adopted to measure member satisfaction through face-to-face meetings at least annually for key members.
- Acting as an ambassador of the association, building an external network of professional, business and member contacts and promoting the Association at every opportunity.
- To develop a Marketing and PR strategies to support the Associations mission and monitor and report campaign outcomes against agreed KPI’s to the Executive.
- The management of the social media platforms and collateral.
The CEO will be expected to manage their working hours but will be required to treat this as a full-time arrangement and commit a minimum of 37.5 hours per week. You may be required to attend events and seminars outside of the normal 9am to 5pm – Monday to Sunday hours.
Please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]
For an informal discussion, or more information, please email [email protected] or call 07797 828950.
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd July
Interview date: We hope to hold interviews during the week commencing 1st week of August.